Thursday, May 21

Our first fruits!










I thought these were so cute! We have a very small artsy looking garden. Our kind neighbors call it the Orenczak "Secret Garden". Noah and the girls have been experimenting with all sorts of plants. These potatoes were grown in buckets. I am very pleased with the effort they have put into it. Noah said today that he thinks our best success so far is our compost.






We have more green beans coming. They are too small yet. Noah said Thank God we aren't hungry! Ha ha Hee hee! Lots of tomatoes though. We are learning lots of things about growing food. For instance you should not plant in the shade! Its quite shady behind our house. I am glad to gain the knowledge and think our next season will prove that.

These are THE BIGGEST Marigolds I have ever seen! Kathleen planted these along with some sun flowers. The marigolds are probably 3 & 1/2 feet tall. The marigolds I'm familiar with are normally about 12 inches tall. They have tons of blooms too. I have been enjoying flowers in and around the house needless to say.

Well just thought I would share some of our gardening adventures.
Heather











5 comments:

The Campana Family said...

Wow ya'll!!!
Love it.
Hope to see you all soon!
Alyssa And Mariah

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so cool. i want a small garden so bad. I love fresh tomatoes and veggies. Yum. Those flowers are beautiful.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Way to go Orenczaks! Keep it up!
HUGS to you and kisses to my Boaz!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! So much fun to grow actual food. I can't get over it myself :)

Blessings,
Cheryl

Samantha said...

Love new potatoes, and the marigolds are beautiful !