Monday, August 24

Elise's report/First post

Hi everyone! This is my very first post, and I have to admit... Blogging is SO fun! :)

So this a report I wrote about a book called "With Daring Faith", that Mama wanted me to post, so here it is!

It's a really good book!



With Daring Faith

Amy Carmichael was a normal girl in the late 1800's. She never new that when she was older that she would lead hundreds of Indian children, and adults to Jesus Christ!

When she was in her late twenties Amy Carmichael became a missionary to India and many people were saved because she was not afraid to share her faith! As time went on she basically adopted a little Indian girl named Arulai. I loved her story! This little girl new that the god she worshiped (Baal) was not the All Powerful God, but she did not know who the All Powerful God was. So, when she saw Amy she said "I want to be with her!" and God granted her wish! She got to stay with Amy! From that point on Amy and her missionary friends took in any child that wanted to learn about God. And the result was that they started a ministry call "The Dohnavor ministry". By the time she was fifty they ended up with over one-hundred children.

Amy was eighty-three when she died in 1951, and left The Dohnavor ministry in the hands of God and her close missionary friends.

I would highly recommend this book to pretty much anyone!


Elise Orenczak



2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Sounds like a great story to read. Thanks for the report. What an awesome girl Miss Amy Carmichael was.
Great job Elise!

The Campana Family said...

Hey Elise,
I know Blogging is fun!
Miss you! Alyssa