Last Sunday, I was sharing about our adventures in the garden and realized, I should make a post about it. Elise is our resident farmer. She is the one out there everyday working on it. This is our third attempt to
try to grow something at home. Our first year was a container garden. The weather turned bad and we had a real bad couple of storms and lost all the tiny beans and tomatoes. The next year we planted in the back yard. That was
too shady. All we got was some very small ears of corn and very small, but cute, potatoes. This year we decided to plow in the front yard, and so far so good!
 |
| Elise marking off a plot. |
 |
| About a week after planting. |
|
|
|
 |
| A few weeks later. |
 |
| Today! |
 |
| Boaz the farmer. |
 |
| A good looking tomato. |
 |
| A little carrot. |
So after we had planted our little plot we realized it would be great to have it a little bit bigger. So we marked off another small area and away we went.
 |
| Noah using our brother in-laws tiller. That made it go real fast. |
|
 |
| Good work Boaz. | |
 |
| Elise putting a boarder around it. Makes it look nice. |
 |
| A few weeks after we tilled and planted. |
 |
| Today! You can see we put some beans in there too. |
|
So, hopefully we will actually get to eat the fruit of our labor this year. It has been fun for us, as a family, to work on it. It amazes me that you put this tiny seed in the ground and get food to eat. Have a great day!
4 comments:
Oh I hope my garden plot looks like that. That is awesome.
You guys rock! That looks wonderful. Great job. Our garden is doing better this year too. I hope you get lots of fruit from your labor.
And can I just say that I wanted to come through the picture and grab my Boaz and just kiss him! LOL!
Hugs
Kim
Wow, you have a very nice garden. I hope you get a lot of produce from it!
Love you guys!
Kelsey
what a beautiful garden! good work!
Post a Comment